In order for our website to provide you with the full range of our services, we are required to collect some information about you. The Pre-school Learning Alliance is committed to protecting your information when we do this and all interactions with the website are secure.
What information will you collect about me?
When you sign up to receive a newsletter, join a message board or purchase a publication, we may ask for personal information about you. This might be your name, address or employer.
When giving us your details, you will be able to select the services you want us to provide you with.
We also collect information about the pages you visit, the software you use to do so, and your IP address to enable us to learn more about how people use our website.This information is tagged with an indicator stored on your computer and is unique to you, but it can't be used to identify you personally in any way.
How will you use the information that you collect about me?
The Pre-school Learning Alliance will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. we will use your postal address so that we can deliver a publication you have ordered)
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the website
- to personalise the way information is presented to you on the website (e.g. we may offer members more detailed information on a topic than non-members, or highlight locally-relevant information to you based on your address)
Where we would like to use your personal information in any other way, we will obtain your permission first.
When will you contact me?
We may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence
- in relation to any contribution you have made to the website, e.g. on a message board
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our services
- for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this
Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
Unless we have your permission, the only third parties that we allow to see your information are those that help us provide our services (e.g. the mailing house that despatches publications). When we do this, we require them to comply strictly with our instructions. They will never use your personal information for their own business purposes.
The only exception to this is where disclosure is required by law.
Offensive or inappropriate content on our website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on it, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Users aged 16 or under
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before providing personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.