Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Law-Call, provides Alliance early years settings, childminders and baby and toddler group members with telephone access to free specialist legal advice.
The service is provided in a confidential, sympathetic and jargon-free manner, on areas of law associated with the successful running of your childcare service such as:
- Employment and HR issues, including guidance on how to handle disciplinary matters, termination of an employee’s contract, sickness absence within the workplace, statutory rights and employers obligations
- Health and safety matters
- Property related advice on licences or lease agreements
- Contractual disputes with suppliers
- Debts and debt recovery
- Tax and VAT issues relating to the setting
- Data Protection, including the new GDPR effective as of May 2018. (Read more about this on our General Data Protection Regulation information page.)
- Charity law.
Legal issues are often resolved immediately following telephone advice from the Law-Call service. If this is not possible due to the nature or complexity of the case, the lawyer speaking with you can advise on the best way forward.