The Pre-school Learning Alliance is the largest and most representative early years membership organisation in England. A registered educational charity, the Alliance represents 14,000 member settings and supports them to deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
We offer information and advice, produce specialist publications, run acclaimed training and accreditation schemes and campaign to influence early years policy and practice.
The Alliance’s vision is a society where every child enjoys the same right and opportunity to develop and learn through play. We believe families should be placed at the centre of policy-making and work hard to empower parents to become more involved with their child's learning and development. We are committed to further developing the sector's professional status through our training programmes, qualifications and work hard to represent the early years workforce with policy makers.
Our mission aims to help children to succeed, create childcare that families need and to build learning communities. Our vision and mission underpins our work in every way and at every level.
In a constantly changing and challenging environment, many childcare providers and parents can find it difficult to give children the very best start in life. The need for someone to listen and represent young children and their families’ interests while providing practical early years support and advice becomes even more important. This is why we are committed to giving parents and their young children, childcare providers, and local communities a real voice.
We believe that everyone deserves to be listened to and that your voice matters.
The Alliance supports childcare providers and parents to ensure that every family receives access to the right kind of high quality early learning opportunities in a caring, safe and secure space. We actively involve parents in decisions about their child’s learning and development, and work across communities to encourage them to better understand and actively participate in early years and family services across the country.
How we achieve this
We work with Alliance members, families, partners and practitioners to;
- Champion childhood and children’s right to play
- Be an advocate for children, families and all childcare providers
- Put the family first to enhance children’s life chances
- Promote and support each child’s learning to offer them best possible start in life
- Encourage voluntary community involvement in early years provision
- Deliver high quality, responsive childcare services to best meet the needs of families with young children
- Encourage safeguard-led practice
- Raise standards and quality of childcare
- Ensure that families have choice and information to make the right decision about the childcare they need
- Provide high quality training support and advice