The Pre-school Learning Alliance is the largest and most representative early years membership organisation in England.
A registered educational charity, the Alliance represents 14,000 member settings and supports them to deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
- We offer information and advice.
- We produce specialist publications.
- We run acclaimed training schemes.
- We campaign to influence early years policy and practice.
The Alliance’s vision is a society where every child enjoys the same opportunity to learn through play. We believe families should be at the centre of policy-making and we work hard to empower parents to become more involved with their child's learning and development.
- help children to succeed
- create the childcare which families need
- build learning communities
How we achieve this
We work with Alliance members to:
- Champion childhood and children’s right to play
- Advocate for children, families and all childcare providers
- Put the family first to enhance children’s life chances
- Encourage safeguard-led practice
- Raise standards and quality of childcare
- Ensure families have choice and information to make the right decision about the childcare they need
- Provide high quality training support and advice.