How will my child be settled in?
We are keen that every child feels settled, happy and secure in our childcare. We want to make the big step from home into childcare a positive experience for everyone.
Once your child is offered a place, you and your child start a ‘settling in’ process that is based on your child’s needs.
We help your child settle comfortably by:
- Recognising that some children take longer to settle than others.
- Encouraging your child to develop a special relationship with their key person so they feel secure in our care.
- Introducing your child to our daily routine and the environment at different times of the day so they feel reassured and familiar with different sessions.
- Making you feel welcome to stay with your child at the beginning over a period of time and different times of the day. Over time you can gradually spend longer periods apart until your child is ready to start their daily session without you.
- Talking with you regularly about the best way to settle your child and listening to your queries or concerns. We want you to feel confident and relaxed when you leave your child in our care.
- Your child only officially starts with us when they complete their first short session happily without you.