We provide English as an additional language (EAL) support to Early Years settings operating within Bracknell Forest and to Children’s Centres and children and families who live within Bracknell Forest.
We support settings to interact with families with EAL, for example,
- explaining setting policies and procedures
- translating important information as necessary, this could include help with the statutory assessment process for children with SEN and/or disabilities
- helping child and family with the settling in process
- supporting transition to school if necessary
- sharing stories/songs and rhymes in languages spoken within the home
We explain cultural differences to Early Years practitioners to help them provide an appropriate, warm, friendly environment for the children and support with advice and practical help.
We work in partnership with the Children’s Centre Managers to deliver family groups in languages prevalent in the local area within the children’s centres. We currently provide Spanish and Cantonese groups.
For further details, to access this project, or to discuss bringing this project to your area, please contact us on