Hertfordshire Domestic Abuse Helpline
The Hertfordshire domestic abuse helpline is a confidential, free-to-caller signposting service for anyone affected by domestic violence or domestic abuse.
Monday to Friday - 9am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday - 9am to 4pm
Telephone number is 08 088 088 088.
Family Lives Helpline
Family Lives offers a confidential and free* helpline service (previously known as Parentline). Please call on 0808 800 2222 for information, advice, guidance and support on any aspect of parenting and family life, including bullying.
Their helpline service is open 9am – 9pm, Monday to Friday and 10am – 3pm Saturday and Sunday.
Christmas opening times are :
- Closed 25,26 & 27 Dec
- Closed 1 & 2 Jan
- Normal weekend hours on Christmas Eve and New Year Eve
CGL: Change, Grow Live
A social care and health charity that supports and enables people to change their lives for the better and achieve positive and life-affirming goals.
Their service users are adults, young people and families whose lives are affected by substance misuse, homelessness, poverty, unemployment, domestic abuse, mental health issues and offending.
Click link to find out more: www.changegrowlive.org/
- www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/services Find out about all information on Children's Centres in Hertfordshire.
- www.hertfordshire.gov.uk Hertfordshire County Councils website.
- www.pacey.org.uk Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years .
- www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/parents Information on free childcare, childminders, parenting support, school admissions and the family services directory.
- Hertfordshire Pre-school Learning Alliance - www.pre-school.org.uk/hertfordshire
- Pre-school Learning Alliance - www.pre-school.org.uk
- Change 4 Life - www.nhs.uk/change4life
- Dad Talk - www.dadtalk.co.uk
- HAND News - http://handnews.hertscc.gov.uk
- Direct Gov- www.direct.gov.uk
Support for Parents and Carers
- www.postnatalillness.co.uk Hertfordshire post natal illness offers support and advice to you or your partner.
- www.bliss.org.uk Bliss is the special care baby charity which provides vital support and care to premature and sick babies across the UK.
- www.direct.gov.uk/taxcredits Tax Credits - find out what they are and if your likely to get them.
- www.familyandchildcaretrust.org Offers advice on the different type of financial support you may be able to receive to help you with the costs of childcare.
- www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk Information on tax credits and child benefits
Below you will find information on our key policies and procedures. Copies of the full Hitchin and Rural Children's Centre Group Policies and Procedures are available on request from any of our Children's Centres.
Safeguarding Children Policy and Information