Community Stay & Play Network Officer
Community Stay & Play Network Officer - Birmingham
To provide bespoke information advice and guidance to unregistered childcare and stay and play groups in the Birmingham area. Working as part of a team of Network Officers providing advice about childcare legislation, safety and good practice to support volunteers and parents who run local groups. Enabling them to access funding, encouraging them to become members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance and ensure they are meeting minimum requirements in order to serve their local community.
Main duties include:
- To work with a caseload Stay & Play groups in Birmingham
- To encourage membership of Pre-School Learning Alliance.
- To deliver appropriate family learning workshops to parents and volunteers in line with project aims.
- To work with local partners to identify groups which could benefit from support.
- To keep accurate records and information to feed back to the Network Manager.
- To attend meetings as required with external and internal staff as directed by the Network Manager.
You will need to have:
- Proven experience in providing information, advice, guidance.
- Minimum Level 3 Childcare Qualification or equivalent
- Knowledge of child development and the EYFS Curriculum
- Experience of delivering training or workshops.
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative
- Understanding of and commitment to, equality and diversity.
- A willingness travel throughout Birmingham
- Ability to empathise groups, parents, volunteers and individuals, building trust and rapport.
- Willingness to travel to other areas such as London to attend training.
Full induction training will be provided for the successful applicant, annual Leave of 25 days plus bank holidays.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for completed applications: 22nd June 2018, 12 noon.
Interview date: tbc
For Application Form, Guidance and Job Description, please see links below.
Please send all completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR on 020 7697 2574 ensuring you quote the job reference number that you wish to apply for.
For details of other vacancies visit www.pre-school.org.uk
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.
This post is funded by Birmingham Forward Steps.